Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or
services you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and incoome
- Account balance and payment history
- Credit history and transaction history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as
described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can
share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Abbeville Building & Loan chooses to share; and whether you can limit sharing.
We DO NOT share your personal information for:
- our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
- joint marketing with other financial companies
- our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences or about your credit worthiness
- our affiliates or non-affiliates to market to you
How do we protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized
access and use, we use security measures that comply with
federal law. These measures include computer safeguards
and secured files and buildings.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example when
- Open an account or make a transaction
- Apply for a loan or provide employment
- Give us your contact information
We also collect information obtained from other authorized
sources, such as credit bureaus.
Why can't you limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only sharing for:
- Affiliates’ everyday business purposes –information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliates’ from using your information to market
- Sharing for non affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you
additional rights to limit sharing.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Abbeville Building & Loan has no affiliates
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Abbeville Building & Loan has no non-affiliates
- A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market a
financial products or services to you.
Abbeville Building & Loan does not enter into Joint Marketing Agreements